Forum

How to Talk About Highs and Lows  

RSS

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
06/04/2019 1:53 am  

As you know, preschoolers can be very self-centered. (This is developmentally normal!) But since they like to talk about themselves so much, this is a great time to start a ritual of talking about their day. Some families talk about their "highs and lows" or their "roses and thorns" or "peaches and pits."

(By the way, if your child isn't fully verbal yet -- or even if they are -- you should share your highs and lows too!)

Do you have a ritual of talking about your highs and lows?

Please share what you do... or what you might start doing now.

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
17/04/2019 3:57 pm  

Comment from Facebook: I hadn't thought about telling my toddler about my day but I'll try that! Such a fun way to describe highs/ lows. I usually ask her to tell me about her day in the car after school or at home (she likes to sing to music in the car). It's hard to know what questions to ask but she's gotten used to the routine and it helps me know if there's anything I need to ask teachers about. Kids have bad days sometimes and other days are great. I love that she opens up to me and it's a great way to feel connected. I always make sure to tell her how much I missed her!

Rachel's Reply: This is a great routine to start now... hopefully it will just become normal for her to tell you what's going on, even as she gets older. And telling her how much you missed her is a great deposit.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register