Forum

Topic Request?  

RSS

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
27/04/2019 3:06 am  

ou probably aren't following the "Parents of Teens" posts, but the way I've been giving them tips is by breaking down a topic into bite-sized chunks and posting those chunks one at a time. (Here's an example)

Because I'm getting good feedback on this type of strategy, I'm going to start the same thing for you.

With that in mind, what's a topic that you're facing right now with your kiddo that you'd like me to give tips on? Feel free to mention topics that relate to your children... but also ones that relate to you as a parent as well (feeling overwhelmed, feeling isolated, dealing with other stressors, etc.).

Do_Better_2019
(@do_better_2019)
30/04/2019 1:55 am  

Screaming out/ loudness for what seems like no reason.

Not responding to questions like what she wants to wear and/or not saying what she needs. Like yells for me to come to her when she's in bed but won't say why (like needing a Kleenex or bleeding or whatever) even if I ask.

Giving something to her two-year-old sister that I've said not to. Often food which she's never supposed to give her without asking or playing ball or something when I just said we weren't doing that right now.

When husband says something confusing or that frustrates her that I agree is is confusing/frustrating and I want to help her, but that can make it worse because I'm frustrated with him also.

ReplyQuote
Do_Better_2019
(@do_better_2019)
30/04/2019 1:55 am  

Screaming out/ loudness for what seems like no reason.

Not responding to questions like what she wants to wear and/or not saying what she needs. Like yells for me to come to her when she's in bed but won't say why (like needing a Kleenex or bleeding or whatever) even if I ask.

Giving something to her two-year-old sister that I've said not to. Often food which she's never supposed to give her without asking or playing ball or something when I just said we weren't doing that right now.

When husband says something confusing or that frustrates her that I agree is is confusing/frustrating and I want to help her, but that can make it worse because I'm frustrated with him also.

ReplyQuote
rachelb
(@rachelb)
Member Admin
02/05/2019 1:11 am  

Thanks, @do_better_2019!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register