Forum

Successes and Struggles, Week of 4/15/19  

RSS

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
17/04/2019 3:48 pm  

What has been successful for you lately? What are you struggling with?

Post in the comments below.

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
17/04/2019 3:49 pm  

Comment from Facebook: Boy, I will tell you from straight up experience.. my mood and my genuine happiness results in genuine happiness in my kids. I have become more patient, more tolerable, and more respectful of my kids because they are tiny humans with real emotions and they deserve respect just like you and I. When I have filled my “bank account” I am free to fill theirs. I used to struggle with feeling like I had to discipline, reprimand, control these kids. Once I let that go and “went with the flow” I noticed a huge change in overall behavior, obeying, compliance. Thank you so much for all you do!!

Rachel's Reply: This is so brilliant. What you described is like the "easy" button for parenting. And yet it's so hard, right? 

I've been adding an entire section of my practice that focuses on helping parents get to the place you described, because ultimately THAT's what leads to better behaved, more resilient, more confident kids. 

GOOD FOR YOU, Mama! There are many reasons that it's not easy to get to this place.

ReplyQuote
Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
17/04/2019 3:50 pm  

Comment from Facebook: We’ve been struggling hard with our son being super negative of himself. It immediately dampens any situation we’re in. For example, we went to a chocolate making class yesterday morning and had (in my opinion) a great time. But we got home and he kept saying how he didn’t have a good time and how he hated his bunny. It’s very disheartening. I think there’s more going on so I’ve reached out to his school counselor for some guidance.

Rachel's Reply: Yes, that type of negativity -- especially if it's not something he usually does -- is almost always indicative of some other Yuck. It's like when we're in a bad place, everything we see/do seems negative. 

Good for you for reaching out to the counselor. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register