Forum

Successes and Struggles, Week of 5/13/19  

RSS

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
14/05/2019 2:15 am  
Let's check in...

What has been successful for you lately?
What are you struggling with?

Post below.

Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
15/05/2019 2:46 am  

Comment from member: I’m working hard on rephrasing my correction from when I tell her what not to do into telling what to do and model it. It gets more attention than a NO. It’s hard to retrain your language.

Reply from Rachel: It IS hard to make any change. I agree that if you can do this one, it's worth it. The more we focus on telling them what TO do, the more likely they'll change their behavior in the future.

ReplyQuote
Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
15/05/2019 2:48 am  

Comment from member: Success...my 5 year old talks about her feelings now...Struggle...my 5 year old talks about her feelings now 🤣 Mommy, you are being mean...because I won't let her watch the pad...Mommy you are frustrating me...because I keep reminding her to eat her dinner...🤣

Reply from Rachel: Isn't it amazing how something can be a blessing and a curse? 

Ultimately we want kids to learn that other people don't control our feelings, but I still think you should take a moment to celebrate that she's talking about her feelings instead of acting them out!

Reply from member: I totally am! I was telling my sister I am so happy she is telling me how she feels more lately than the crying😁

ReplyQuote
Team RBPA
(@jennyv)
Member Admin
15/05/2019 2:49 am  

Comment from member: More and more successful with the aggression from my 2 year old. It's really fun to watch him start to "get it". But having more and more problems with my 4 year old whining. I need to spend more time with her working on that since my efforts on behavior have been mostly linked to my son since the aggression was getting bad.

Reply from Rachel:  I'm so glad that the aggression is getting better. And yes, sometimes kids' behavior feels like whack-a-mole... We fix one and other pops up. 🙁 Ah, parenting!

ReplyQuote
Devin Wurman
(@blueiz811)
17/05/2019 12:44 am  

We are having a hard time trying to get our nine year old to stop talking back.  It starts calmly and of course escalated from there.  Anyone have any ideas???? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register